Village Life – Country Living!
For self catering accommodation near Keswick look no further than Brook House; with three cottages to choose from, sleeping between 2 and 8 guests. our cottages are tucked under Skiddaw mountain in the delightful hamlet of Bassenthwaite, with the local Inn only a few yards away.
- Free wi-fi
- Farm based so usually some animals to see. The Indian Runner ducks are a huge attraction.
- Local village pub serving food only a couple of minutes’ stroll up the riverside
- Book directly with the owners which avoids many of the extra charges and high prices that many cottage agencies charge
- All our cottages are cleaned to a high-standard and the owner is on-site
- Central laundry with washing machines and tumble dryers (small charge applies)
- Many walks straight from the door for all abilities including Skiddaw Mountain and Bassenthwaite Lake
- Off-road parking is available for most cars
- Cots, high chairs and stair gates available free of charge but please request in advance
Brook House 1
Sleeps up to 8 in four bedrooms. Traditional cottage complete with woodburner stove.
A delightful 17th century beamed four bedroom cottage overlooking the stream with open fire and its own private walled cottage garden.
The accommodation consists of the following…
- Newly fitted kitchen/diner with dishwasher, microwave, electric double oven, fridge freezer and fabulous farmhouse kitchen table seating 10
- Charming lounge with access to garden, fireplace, oak beams, TV and DVD player
- Downstairs wetroom with toilet and wash basin
- Upstairs there are four bedrooms overlooking the garden or stream – one double bedroom with two single beds (a family room with en-suite), a double room with an additional single bed, a twin room and the last is a single bedroom. A large, recently refurbished, bathroom with shower over the bath completes upstairs.
- 3 bathrooms in total
Brook House 2
A spacious 17th century three bedroom cottage, sleeps 6 with with super woodburner stove.
- Spacious old world lounge with chunky oak beams, superb feature red brick fireplace with new, modern, furnishings
- Kitchen/diner with electric double oven cooker, dishwasher, microwave, fridge freezer and fabulous farmhouse table seating 11
- One double bed room
- A small bunkroom
- One large family room that has a double and two single beds plus en-suite shower room
- Modern family bathroom with full suite
Situated near the farmyard, this is a small interesting stable conversion of four room,s at ground level, full of character with many oak beams.
- Delightful view to stream from beamed lounge with TV & DVD player
- New, modern kitchen
- One bedroom with double bed, oak beams and view to Skiddaw mountain in the distance
- The kitchen has a stable-style split door which can be opened so that you can see the puddle ducks waddle past!
- Shower room, with toilet and washbasin
- Heating is by storage heaters and is included in the rental charge
- Cost of electricity is fully included
Points to note about Brook House
Please read the details for each property to verify which has a wood burning stove. Please ensure you have read our latest terms and conditions prior to booking.
- Most heating is by storage heaters and the cost of storage heating is included in the rental charge.
- All electricity and heating included in rent.
- Towels are include for weekly bookings but please bring your own for short-breaks.